Ancient Ensoniq Mirage Samples and MS-DOS Utilities
Many moons ago, I used to own an Ensoniq Mirage sampling keyboard.
There are still a number of people using the Mirage, so here is a source of info for those souls still enjoying the 2 LED interface...
These samples and downloads originally came from the Music Software Exchange, which retailed (for nominal shipping fee) Public Domain music software. I haven't seen any further adverts for them, so all the disks I have I've put up here.
Please don't ask me for the source of the operating system disks. I sold my Mirage a long time ago and don't know anyone with one. There are many other sites devoted to people who continue to use the Mirage, or contact Ensoniq.
- The MASOS operating system diskette for the Mirage. This is different from the standard V3.2 Mirage operating system disk.
- An MPU-401 compatible MIDI interface (a Soundblaster should work) running on port 0x330. This is the default address so unless you changed something it should work.
- The files are compressed with zip which exists on many platforms, if you don't have it, do a web search.
The available disks hold:
- catalog.zip - MSE original catalog of ancient MIDI public domain software
- ensu2.zip - MS-DOS Utilities for communicating between an IBM PC equipped with a Roland MPU-401 and a Mirage.
- ensu1.zip - MS-DOS Utilities for reading Mirage formatted disks, ESQ-1 synth sys-ex librarians, MIDI specifications of MASOS.
- msam02.zip - Yamaha CD70 Electric Piano, Picked Bass samples
- msam05.zip - Cars taking off, Thunder and Rain samples
- msam01.zip - Chimes, Cave Organ samples
- midu01.zip - Part 1 of a collection of MIDI utilities
- midu02.zip - Part 2 of a collection of MIDI utilities
- midu03.zip - Part 3 of a collection of MIDI utilities
- midp01.zip - Part 1 of a collection of MIDI programming routines
- glbr01.zip - A Generic MIDI Sys-ex librarian
- kgdu02.zip - Speaker design software, etc
- MirageConvert.zip - An Unix script and C source to convert the sample disks to .aiff format (or easily any other format) with Sox.